Problems printing from Windows 2000 PCs

I have a problem printing from 2 Windows 2000 PCs to a Lexmark 3200
inkjet printer attached to my RH 9 PC. The RH 9 box is using KDE, and is
a fairly default configuration otherwise. I can successfully print from
Win9x and from another Linux PC, but the 2 W2K boxes won't print,
although they are able to see the printer via their printer settings
dialogs.

In the /var/spool/samba directory, I can see files spooled by the PCs,
however they are only 96 bytes, no matter what is printed. They are
obviously not being passed from SAMBA to CUPS, as it is only the W2K
spool files which sit there. When I try to print, the W2K machines go to
100% CPU and eventually have to be restarted, as killing the runaway
task doesn't clear the hang.

I have checked the archives and have checked my smb.conf and cups
configuration files. I also went as far as adding the two PC users as
SAMBA users on the RH box, although I do have the guest setting in
smb.conf enabled.

Since the non-W2K boxes can print, I would imagine that this is a
permissions issue, but from everything I've checked (SAMBA and CUPS),
all appropriate permissions are granted.

I'm obviously missing something, but I can't see what, and would
appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,
--

Des Dougan