Re: hardware recovery and RAID5 services

And do not do write-sector on a disk that is in use in RAID, otherwise
that sectors data is gone.

I will completely remove a disk/partition and do --write-sectors
against it and then do a --add (don't do a re-add).    In general
though I have not had a lot of luck with the write-sector fixing
and/or forcing a reallocate even when the sector is clearly bad.  I
have to conclude (based on both WD and seagate not reallocating
sectors that reliably fail rereads in <30-seconds after just being
re-written) that pretty much everyone's disk firmware must suck.

Would --make-bad-sector work to force a reallocate?