Re: Two drives in RAID6 array experienced similar error at or near beginning of drive

On 19.01.2019 16:31, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:
On 1/19/19 10:22 AM, Wols Lists wrote:
On 19/01/19 14:57, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:
You are all correct.  It could not be a RAID6.  I just read about the
two modes and I am sure I did RAID5 across 4 drives, because I had 24TB
of total space from 32TB of total drives (4 8TB drives). I recall
expecting 1 drive worth of resiliency, not two, hence my predicament.
I'm HOPING, from what you say, it might be a simple case of something
wiping the partition table. We have had that happen before. In that
case, if we can reconstruct the partition table, you'll get the array
back. If not ... :-(

Cheers,
Wol
This was my hope as well, but I wanted to be careful before I made any
changes to the drives per the advice on the wiki, hence my
reaching-out to the list.

Did you try to swap "good" and "bad" drives? Can you see disks/partitions after such swap?

Or, even better, put all 4 drives in another computer (any desktop with 4 SATA ports would do)?

From your earlier messages it looks like cabling/controller problem.

--
Srdačan pozdrav/Best regards,
Siniša Bandin