Re: Two drives in RAID6 array experienced similar error at or near beginning of drive

Hi

On 1/19/19 2:09 PM, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:
> This has been the case after multiple system starts/stops now over the
> past few days.

Just for clarification, "starts/stops" refer to completely powered down
for several seconds - possibly even disconnected from power socket(s)?

If the former is the case, I would start to

(a) make a full backup of all data still on the RAID6
(b) afterwards, start to swap cables/positions/connectors where
possible, note down waht you change and only change one piece at a time
(c) as you get I/O errors right up front, are the disks seen by the
system at all? I.e. can hdparm/smartctl still access them or are they
more or less dead?

Cheers

Carsten
--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics,
Callinstraße 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany