Re: Two drives in RAID6 array experienced similar error at or near beginning of drive

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:

Now when I view these drives they appear empty without any partitions or filesystem information.

View how?

Attempting to read the raw contents of the drives, e.g., with pv, leads to the command failing immediately.

Fail how?

If you just get read errors from the drives, they (controller+drive) might need power cycle to start working again. I have seen these kinds of problems occur because of transient issues involving cables or one drive misbehaving and taking both drives on the same controller "channel" with it, etc.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx