Re: 4tb NAS drive recommendation

On 10/04/18 03:55, John Stoffel wrote:
> Wol> If you want to go down the Seagate route (I like them), look at
> Wol> the IronWolf drives. I've bought two 4TB drives - *not* the pro
> Wol> model, but I can't give you any detailed information because
> Wol> they're currently in my new system that I need to debug before it
> Wol> will boot :-(
>
> Can I get you to boot a liveCD and get the info that way?  Pretty
> please?  :-)

Sorry, (1) the system is in my garage waiting for me to get time, and
(2) "won't boot" means "doesn't even POST", so sticking a CD in the
drive will achieve absolutely nothing.

I did buy the IronWolf because I had investigated them and thought they
would be good for raid. Unfortunately, nobody's sent me the smartctl
output from an IronWolf to put on the wiki. If anyone has one, can they
post the output from "smartctl -x", pretty please?

Sorry.

Cheers,
Wol