Re: hung grow

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 12:28 AM, NeilBrown <neilb@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 08 2017, Curt wrote:
> Theoretically that should work.  Was it deliberate? (I cannot seem to
> find the start of the thread).
Yes and no, I ran the command, but it wasn't what I really wanted
and/or needed, so to speak.

> are all valid devices with the same event counts.  They are the six that
> you need.
> To confirm that names haven't changed, you can:
>   mdadm --examine  /dev/sdg1 /dev/sdd1 /dev/sdc1 /dev/sda1 /dev/sde1 \
>   /dev/sdb | grep Events

Yes, the numbers all match.

> and confirm all the numbers are the same.
> Then do the same and grep for "this" and confirm all the Raid Disk
> numbers are different.
confirmed

> Interesting that /dev/sdb is a whole device and the rest are partitions.
> I assume you know about that and why it is.
Just a mistake when I added it.

> What happens if you run the --assemble --update=revert-reshape command on
> these 6 devices (without --force)??
>
> NeilBrown
I'll give it a try, but first a question and FYI.  Earlier Phil had me
ddrescue sde1 because it had pending sectors I believe.  Should I use
sde1 or sdz1(ddrescued version)?

Also when this whole thing started. md127_raid process was using 100%
cpu, but nothing seemed to be happening, No numbers changed, nothing
that I could tell anyway.  Any suggestions on if the same thing
happens when I run the revert-reshape? Could one of my libraries be
behind a version somewhere?

Cheers,
Curt