Re: hung grow

Ok, thanks.

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to DD from at least one of the failed
drives, as I could still query them before I yanked them.  Assuming I
can DD one of the old drives to one of my new ones.

I'd DDrescue old to new drive. Then do an assemble for force, with a
mix of the dd drives and my old good ones? So if sda/b are new DD'd
drives and sdc/d/e are hosed grow drives, I'd do an assemble force
revert-reshape /dev/md127 sda sdb sdc sdd and sde? Then assemble can
use my info from the DD drives to assemble the array back to 7 drives?
 Did I understand that right?

Oh and how can I tell if I have a timeout mismatch.  They should be raid drives.

Cheers,
Curt