Re: hung grow

> You get this because sdf1 says:
>
>    Raid Devices : 7
>   Total Devices : 7
>
> while sda1 (for example) says:
>
>    Raid Devices : 8
>   Total Devices : 6
> Preferred Minor : 127
>
>   Reshape pos'n : 3799296 (3.62 GiB 3.89 GB)
>   Delta Devices : 1 (7->8)
>
> mdadm cannot reconcile this difference.
>
> It appears that sdf1 was never involved in any reshape.
> So you need to revert the reshape before trying to include sdf1 into the
> array.  Clearly you need at least 6 devices that were involved in
> the reshape to do this.
> I haven't been following closely ... do you have 6 such devices?
>
> NeilBrown

Correct.  Which I thought was sorta the point, but could have
completely misunderstood it, sdf was restored from a "faulty" drive
that was out before the reshape.  Whether I have 6 devices depends on
how picky things are.  I've got 5 that should be in sync, the 6th not,
but it was involved in the reshape.

Short version, is I shot myself in the foot on this one. Reshape never
got anywhere, but need to try to revert and save what data I can.

Cheers,
Curt