Re: Linux software raid troubles

On 14/04/17 16:01, linuxknight wrote:
One last question, is it acceptable to let graphical installers setup
the software raid for me or should I use one disk and create a raid
mirror later once the OS is setup?

Can't give you any advice on how to do it, but I'd be inclined to create
one huge array using all your disks. For each physical disk, one partition for UEFI or grub, possibly a second partition for a mirrored root partition, then all the rest for a raid array with LVM on top.

I'm hoping to build a new system set up like that, but that's probably a few months down the line.

Oh - and using the installer to set it up is probably going to be a nightmare. My experience is gentoo, which expects me to set it up manually, or SuSE which was a pain setting up custom partitioning.

Cheers,
Wol