Re: Linux software raid troubles

Am 14.04.2017 um 17:01 schrieb linuxknight:
David thanks for this additional follow-up.  I was mistaken about the
LSI card, it was actually a SiL 3124.  The OS didnt see the raid as
one drive, so its another one of these fake raid cards.  I did get a
good image.so Im going to re-os this weekend and use the software raid
method.

One last question, is it acceptable to let graphical installers setup
the software raid for me or should I use one disk and create a raid
mirror later once the OS is setup?

the machine in front of me as installed 2011 with Fedora 9, is currently on Fedora 25 and was installed with Anaconda since it works also as desktop - for RAID1 a no-brainer if the installer supports it (the new Fedora and RHEL Anaconda is horrible)

just disable any raid functionality on the mainboard so that the prots are pure SATA ports (on HP ProLiant the controller at every reboot whines that it is unconfigured when done right)

[root@srv-rhsoft:~]$ cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [raid1] [raid10]
md0 : active raid1 sdd1[7] sdc1[4] sda1[6] sdb1[5]
      511988 blocks super 1.0 [4/4] [UUUU]

md2 : active raid10 sdd3[7] sdc3[4] sdb3[5] sda3[6]
      3875222528 blocks super 1.1 512K chunks 2 near-copies [4/4] [UUUU]

md1 : active raid10 sdd2[7] sdc2[4] sda2[6] sdb2[5]
      30716928 blocks super 1.1 512K chunks 2 near-copies [4/4] [UUUU]

unused devices: <none>
[root@srv-rhsoft:~]$ df
Dateisystem    Typ  Größe Benutzt Verf. Verw% Eingehängt auf
/dev/md1       ext4   29G    6,9G   22G   24% /
/dev/md0       ext4  485M     34M  448M    7% /boot
/dev/md2       ext4  3,6T    2,3T  1,3T   64% /mnt/data

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 12:43 AM, David C. Rankin