Re: Linux software raid troubles

David thanks for this additional follow-up.  I was mistaken about the
LSI card, it was actually a SiL 3124.  The OS didnt see the raid as
one drive, so its another one of these fake raid cards.  I did get a
good image.so Im going to re-os this weekend and use the software raid
method.

One last question, is it acceptable to let graphical installers setup
the software raid for me or should I use one disk and create a raid
mirror later once the OS is setup?