Re: Fwd: RAID6 Array crash during reshape.....now will not re-assemble.

Another> Thanks for the suggestion but that's still 'trying' things
Another> rather then an analytical approach.

Well... since Neil is the guy who knows the code, and I've been
several emails in the past about re-shapes gone wrong, and pulling
down Neil's latest version was the solution.  So that's what I'd go
with.

Another> I also do not want to reboot this machine until I absolutely
Another> have to incase I need to capture any data needed to identify
Another> and thereby resolve the problem.

Reboot won't make a difference, all the data is on the disks.

Another> Given I'm not getting much joy here I think I'll have to post
Another> a bug tomorrow and see where that goes.

I'd also argue that removing a disk from a RAID6 of 30Tb in size is
crazy, but you know the risks I'm sure.

It might have been better to just fail one disk, then zero it's
super-block and use that new disk formatted by hand into a plain xfs
or ext4 filesystem for you travels.  Then when done, you'd just re-add
the disk into the array and let it rebuild the second parity stripes.

Also, I jsut dug into my archives, have you tried:

       --assemble --update=revert-reshape

on your array?

John