Re: Fwd: RAID6 Array crash during reshape.....now will not re-assemble.

Sarah

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'd read that a couple of days back and while it's an interesting idea
I don't believe it will address my specific issue of the array not
allowing re-assembly (even with force and read only flags set) as
mdadm reports the 'need backup file for reshape, sorry' error no
matter what I've tried.

Even trying the above flags with invalid-backup does not work so I
need someone to have a eureka moment and say "....it's this....".

I believe that mdadm 3.3 incorporated the recover during reshape
functionality, however I've read elsewhere it only applies to
expansion into a new drive...I was going RAID6 to RAID5 (even though
it never really got started) and the backup file looks like 20mb of
EOLs.

So at he moment I'm pretty much stuck unless someone can tell me how
to clear down the reshape flag, even in read only mode so I can copy
the data off.