Re: Fwd: Installing Linux directly onto RAID6 Array...........

On Tue, 26 May 2015, Wols Lists wrote:

And you're wasting a lot of disk space. What's important to you (that a live swap disk shouldn't fail) is not important to me and doesn't seem to be important to Another Sillyname.

I am not so sure. He seems to want "maximum resiliance", or at least that's what he's saying.

I don't know why Another Sillyname wants to chain his swap partitions, but it's his choice. Maybe like me, his system gets rebooted a couple of times a day, and failure to start is a far more real risk than failure in use. He's running Fedora - that seems likely then ...

Yes, it's his choice, but he should also make this choice understanding what he's doing, so it's an informed and corrent choice. When I read his postings, I am not so sure this is the case.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx