Re: Good hardware for mdadm

On 30/08/14 18:37, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
op 30-08-14 11:53, Roger Heflin schreef:
That means you need an external config tool  (serial, ilo or IMM that
allows remote console access), I rarely go into the data center that
all of the hw I run is in, and because of the remote console access
can fix all but truly broken hw without having hands in the DC).

That's a way to repear something what's broken. Not a more redundant
solution I was looking for. But you are right, it helps a lot. I use
IPMI for remote console. And on some machines a serial console.

You do realise that the IPMI is also not redundant and uses exactly the same memory type that the DOM offers (which you pointed out was not redundant).

Disks die. Anything else is a hands on fix. If you want more reliable you go dual-redundant (possibly with a hot standby).

Regards,
Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them