Re: Good hardware for mdadm

No bios I have seen automatically handles it unless the disks are
total dead, some of the hardware raid controlers may properly deal
with a disk returning an error and go to the other mirror, the low end
quality raid controllers start around $200.

Outside of the raid controllers I don't believe any of the bioses
themselves will do it, so you are unlikely to find any hardware that
does that.

Likely he is talking about putting the boot block on multiple disks
and and use the bbr menu or the bios boot disk selection to pick
another disk.