Re: Good hardware for mdadm

Hi Roberto,

op 29-08-14 22:44, Roberto Spadim schreef:
> i use two or more boot disks, if the first raid1 disk don't boot bios
> go to second boot disk, third, etc etc,

In my opinion this only works when the boot-disk is completely defect or
removed. Not when the data in the MBR on that boot-disk is corrupt.

Or did you test this, or do you have other reasons to believe that your
bios will handle this correct?

With the boot-disk I mean the disk what's in the bios the first disk. So
this could also be the second raid1 disk. Or an USB stick.

> you must write grub to mbr of each disk

Of course.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.