Re: Best configuration for bcache/md cache or other cache using ssd

On 9/24/2013 12:06 AM, Roberto Spadim wrote:
> Hi Stan,Benjamin, Drew and others guys!
> Well i read many things about raid cards now =) thanks stan! i'm not a
> expert but at least somethings i understood...
>
> i was thinking about BBU at raid cards...
> it's something like bcache with the 'ssd' part as the raid card, and
> the hdd part as the raid disks.... different from ssd the raid card
> use ram memory (probably) + batery
>
> well now my question is...
> there's a memory + bbu 'hard drive'?
> i want to use it as the ssd part of the bcache, and use the hdd as my
> motherboard hdd connections
> in other words... i want the raid card goals with a memory hard drive
>
> any ideas? anyone know anything about it?

You desire to drink champagne on a beer budget I'm afraid.  You first
stated this was for business use on a Dell 420 server, so I recommended
a business oriented solution to solve the IOPS problem you previously
described.

Now you say what we've been discussing is for your home PC.  So I'm left
wondering what it is that you're really after.

If the latter case is closer to the truth of it, you should use bcache
with an SSD.