Re: RAID 5 3-drive array failed 2 disks at once - can anything be saved?

That all worked beautifully. Right up until I left the BackupPC running against a RAID array with a bad disk.

It failed again after about 30 hours. The symptoms are the same.

I think I need to bring the array back up but leave that disk offline with:

mdadm --assemble --force /dev/md0 /dev/sdb /dev/sdc

(sdd is the bad drive)

Then follow the remainder of the steps to check.

I have a new disk on the way. I would then add this new disk into the array and sync.

Does that sound correct?

Rob