Re: raid10 recovery assistance requested

[new text is below quoted material]

On 15 September 2013 20:30, Dave Gomboc <dave_gomboc@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Last night, I had booted using sysresccd-3.7.1 and been able to see
> the contents of the raid10, with one problem (I believe /proc/mdstat
> was showing a _ amongst the AAA).  However, I was able to mount the md
> device, and lvm commands were finding data just fine.  I even mounted
> a logical volume that normally mounts to /srv -- it had not been
> checked for a long time so it automatically did an fsck.  (I was not
> thrilled about this, but I wasn't positive I should interrupt it
> either.)  The fsck appeared to succesfully complete: at least, no
> error was reported amongst the 5 steps by the time I got out of bed
> this morning.  Without intending to change anything related to the
> raid setup, it appears that I somehow did so while using
> sysresccd-3.7.1 when booting the machine again this morning, because I
> am now unable to mount the raid10.
>
> I have run mdadm --examine --scan 2>&1 | less (though I am typing this
> by hand from another computer off of a written copy of data that was
> on-screen earlier today).
>
> No md superblock detected on /dev/sdl, /dev/sdk, /dev/sdj, /dev/sdi,
> /dev/sda3, /dev/sda2, /dev/sda1, /dev/sda, /dev/sr0, /dev/loop0.  No
> surprises there.
>
> Specific fields that were different between the four devices, I list
> after this paragraph.  For each of /dev/sdi1, /dev/sdj1, /dev/sdk1,
> and /dev/sdl1, the following fields were identical: magic (a92b4efc),
> version (1.2), feature map (0x0), array uuid (3c76...), name
> (cheap:teramooch), creation time, raid level (raid10), raid devices
> (4), avail dev size: 3907021954 (1863.01 GiB 2000.40 GB), array size:
> 7814041600 (3726.03 GiB 4000.79 GB), used dev size: 3907020800
> (1863.01 GiB, 2000.39 GB), data offset (2048 sectors), super offset (8
> sectors), state (clean), layout (near=2), chunk size(512K)
>
> Two of the four drives have in addition to the above the following,
> identical information:
> device uuid: 6680...
> update time: Sat Sep 14 06:14:13 2013
> checksum: 6b7397f - correct [yes, only 7 hex digits]
> events: 520
> device role: Active device 0
> array state: AAAA
>
> The other two drives have identical alternative information:
> device uuid: 45ff...
> update time: Sun Sep 15 09:54:22 2013
> checksum: 1cbfeaea - correct
> events: 599
> device role: Active device 3
> array state: .AAA
>
> I do also have the four drive serial numbers (from ls -l
> /dev/disk/by-id), and have figured out which pair are "active device
> 0" versus "active device 3" (though I cannot currently distinguish
> between the two drives that report identical data).  I had also been
> seeing something like "inactive" with two (S) when catting
> /proc/mdstat, but unfortunately I did not record the precise text that
> was given.
>
> Subsequent to performing the above, I have invoked mdadm --stop, used
> [...]

Having received no response to date, I am wondering if this perhaps
isn't the right forum for asking for advice regarding my problem.  If
it is not, could someone please suggest where I should be asking
instead?

Thank you,
Dave