Re: GPT Table broken on a Raid1

On Sep 21, 2012, at 1:35 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:

> If you're making the RAID with that, it defaults to metadata version 1.2. But to be sure
> mdadm -E /dev/mdX

Scratch that. I was confused. Try these instead:

mdadm -–detail-platform
mdadm –D /dev/md/imsm
mdadm –E /dev/sdX

Anyway, I'm suspicious that you've got either your SATA controller also with RAID enabled, or you're also using dmraid and it's conflicting with the md driver. Or you've misconfigured mdadm for imsm. The result is the secondary GPT is getting squished. I think you should read this document, as it proposes creating a container first, then RAID within that. If you're creating the RAID entirely from within Windows this may not be what it does.

http://download.intel.com/design/intarch/PAPERS/326024.pdf

Chris Murphy--