Re: GPT Table broken on a Raid1

On Sep 20, 2012, at 5:05 AM, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:

> this is "normal" I install "windows 7" first ;). but the problem with the
> wrong GPT Table Message I have also on a Raid10 with "Intel Matrix Storage"
> and dmraid installation.

OK you didn't answer my question about what mdadm metadata version your md RAID is using. If it's 1.0 instead of 1.2 that could be the culprit.

> The Question is, work parted correct with Raid GPT Table?

Could be a bug in parted 2.3, which is old. Try using parted 3.0.

Another question is, do you really think it's a good idea to be mixing different RAID implementations on the same physical devices, which also appear to contain boot volumes?

I think one of your RAID implementations is stepping on the GPT secondary header. I've seen this before in a BIOS "fakeraid" implementation. So I would look at all of your RAID implementations, make sure they're using the latest versions.

Chris Murphy--