Re: Bootable Raid-1

Naira Kaieski wrote:
Hi,

My metadata is 0.90...

My Partitions:
/dev/sda1 1 122 979933+ fd Linux raid autodetect /dev/sda2 * 123 134 96390 fd Linux raid autodetect /dev/sda3 135 19457 155211997+ fd Linux raid autodetect

When you use RAID1 you can do it one of two ways, as a while drive array or as a series of arrays based on partitions. Some versions of GRUB will only understand 0.90 metadata, so at least the boot partition should use that. In addition, if you don't have the whole drive raid, you really should be sure you have written a useful boot sector to each drive. Other than that I can't think of any particular issues you might have.

Depending on your distribution you may have to create a new boot image using mkinitrd or whatever your distribution has decided is better. If you change your setup after install this is often needed.

--
Bill Davidsen<davidsen@xxxxxxx>
  We are not out of the woods yet, but we know the direction and have