RE: Bootable Raid-1

	I didn't specify anything.  I'm not having a problem.

> You're not actually partitioning the mdX block device are you? I've
> always set up my component partitions, created the array using those
> partitions, and then created the filesystem on the mdX.

	Judging by his original message, I don't think he is partitioning
the arrays, no.

> All of my systems now boot via grub2 into RAID1s. I usually set up my
> partitioning so that every drive is exactly the same, the first
> primary is used as the boot RAID1, and the RAID5/6 component
> partitions used for the main storage Lvs are often logical inside
> extended for flexibility.

	I prefer booting from relatively small partitioned drives and
keeping a separate target (an array, if the system is large) for data.  My
servers have RAID1 arrays for booting.