Re: Raid failing, which command to remove the bad drive?

Timothy D. Lenz wrote:

On 8/26/2011 3:45 PM, NeilBrown wrote:

Got another problem. Removed the drive and tried to start it back up and now get Grub Error 2. I'm not sure if when I did the mirrors if something when wrong with installing grub on the second drive< or if is has to do with [U_] which points to sda in that report instead of [_U].

I know I pulled the correct drive. I had it labled sdb, it's the second drive in the bios bootup drive check and it's the second connector on the board. And when I put just it in instead of the other, I got the noise again. I think last time a drive failed it was one of these two drives because I remember recopying grub.

I do have another computer setup the same way, that I could put this remaining drive on to get grub fixed, but it's a bit of a pain to get the other computer hooked back up and I will have to dig through my notes about getting grub setup without messing up the array and stuff. I do know that both computers have been updated to grub 2

I like to check the table of device names vs. make/model/serno before going to far. I get the out of blkdevtrk to be sure.

--
Bill Davidsen<davidsen@xxxxxxx>
  We are not out of the woods yet, but we know the direction and have