Re: Recommended pci-e 1x SATA cards.

Brad Campbell put forth on 4/16/2011 3:57 AM:

> I can't recommend anybody go within a mile of a product that works well
> for 99.999% of people, when if you happen to be the 0.001% sample you
> don't know you are until the device has silently eaten all your data.

Then you may as well not recommend any board to anyone, because few
manufacturers of relatively inexpensive boards have QC that high or an
in the field failure rate that low, not matter whose control IC they
mount on the PCB.  Margins on such products are razor thin, thus these
manufacturers cut corners where they can.  Some cut corners more
sharply, such as the in the case where 2/5 boards demonstrated the flaw
and 3 didn't.  This directly points to a QC problem, not an IC design
flaw in the 3132.

--
Stan