Re: Recommended pci-e 1x SATA cards.

On 16/04/11 13:15, Roman Mamedov wrote:
On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:31:08 -0500
Stan Hoeppner<stan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Again, you're taking isolated incidents and assuming they are the norm,
when they most certainly are not.

"Significant percentage of 3132 cards" is enough to me. Where I'd define
"significant" even as 0.01% of cards. But actually it is likely to be more
widespread than that, given this exact problem was already reported by 3
people on 3 continents with 2 different OSes and 4 controller boards,
including a brand-name one. If this is not a wide sampling, I don't know what
is...

That it happens at all is enough for me to stay _well_ clear of them.

I can't recommend anybody go within a mile of a product that works well for 99.999% of people, when if you happen to be the 0.001% sample you don't know you are until the device has silently eaten all your data.

When there are alternatives available that have 0 reports of silently eating data, why would you even chance it?