RE: RAID5 / 6 Growth

> Do any of the disks report sector errors or ATA or read errors?
> smartctl -a /dev/sdx should give the report, assuming you run smartd
> and have it probe disks periodically.

	No, they are clean.

> I've seen newer versions of the xfsprogs and libs packages. Try using
> those. I know you're against new packages that haven't been included
> in "stable" -- but if this is a dev/backup system, it's worth the shot
> in my opinion.

	Well, either way, that's not going to help in this situation.
Either there is something I can attempt to fix in the underlying array
structure, or else I am going to have to erase the log and continue.

	I'm not sure what you mean by dev/backup.  The file system is not
created as a device on any other system by udev, if that's what you mean.
It's just a Linux system dedicated solely to running rscync backups every
morning at 04:00.  The array does get mounted on other systems using SAMBA
or NFS, as the case may be, so I can easily copy over files to the main
systems lost or corrupted through whatever means.