RE: md data-check causes soft lockup

But if the applications are locked out, they can't demand anything.  I have
seen the same on my Linux server, but only with the 2.6 kernel.  The same
hardware with a 2.4 kernel was fine.  I have not seen this myself for at
least 1 year, I assumed it was fixed.

When I was locked out my putty session would not respond.  I don't think it
timed out, but recovered when the rebuild/resync was done.