Re: Change Chunk Size on Array?

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Neil Brown <neilb@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday May 12, sandeepksinha@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>

>> crshman wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello All,
>> >
>> > I wanted to know if it were possible to change the chunk size on an array
>> > after it has been created. I have a software raid 5 comprised of 7 drives
>> > with a chunk size of 64k. I wanted to up that to 1024k, would this be
>> > possible without losing any data? This isn't mission critical so it is ok
>> > if i need to stop the array first, however I'd rather not lose any data.
>> >
>> It is possible to change the chunksize but for the same you would need to
>> offline your array.
>
> Is it?  How?

That was all that I could read from" RAID on Linux" by Derek Vadala, Page 118.

It mentions that this could be achieved by offlining the array and
using "raidreconf".
He also mention chances of data loss and also the caveats of "raidreconf".

--
Regards,
Sandeep.

“To learn is to change. Education is a process that changes the learner.”