Re: Device naming and raid1

http://www.gagme.com/greg/linux/raid-lvm.php

you can try this with the spare drives you have.

basically what you have to do is to check whether the drive
now linked to another device name, is the reason for this
problem.

once it shows unplugged or failed you can, use your new
replacement drive and reboot.

Kindly read the comments to this article, Which is very
usefull.

--
--linux(2.4/2.6),bsd(4.5.x+),solaris(2.5+)