Re: Sleeping hard drives in an array?

Wow this has caused quite the stirrup!

I think I'll leave them spinning :-) They are WD Raid Edition drives
so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I just figured since the array does
nothing like 21 hours of the day.. why not spin it down. But if
spinup/downs are worse then I'll leave it be.

The drive temps are 32-34 degrees since they have fans right on them
and the case is nicely cooled.

Thanks,
Greg