Re: Need some information and help on mdadm in order to support it on IBM z Systems

Hi Bill,

I have created the array with "mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=1
--raid-devices=2 /dev/dasd[ef]1 --metadata=1.2 --bitmap=internal" using as
you can see version 1.2 of the Metatata format. The Kernel ist the SuSE
standard kernel 2.6.16.60-0.9-default on s390x (SLES 10 SP2 RC1). I have
this issue with RC2 too.

What I would like to have a more documentation about the Metadata and how
they are used if you have or know someone who can provide this.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Cordialement / Cordiali Saluti

Jean-Baptiste Joret - Linux on System Z
Phone: +49 7031 16-3278 / ITN: 39203278 - eMail: joret@xxxxxxxxxx

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen