Re: software for making initrd's with raid support

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 01:38:06PM +0100, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
really?
if this is the case you should have submitted a bug report.

It is possible that I do. I would like to find out what to do first,
however.

in any case if i am to provide any support, i need more information on
the issue you experienced.

Thanks for your answers.
I filed a feature request for cooker on harddrake2 and drakx.
good,
could you send me (privately) the bugzilla number?
I think mkinitrd is actually used by the kernel, with a make install.
this is because kernel "make install" command looks for a site specific
script called /sbin/installkernel.

Is that true? Then mkinitrd is a general script that is used on almost
all linux systems. So I can assume that this is available when I write a
howto.
afaik redhat, mandriva and turbolinux use a mkinitrd derived from
redhat

suse uses its own mkinitrd command

debian and derivatives use initramfs-tools, or yaird

other distributions i have no knowledge.

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca@xxxxxxxxxx
       Communication Media & Services S.r.l.