Re: In this partition scheme, grub does not find md information?

Peter Rabbitson wrote:
Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 06:44:20PM -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:

Depending on near/far choices, raid10 should be faster than raid5, with far read should be quite a bit faster. You can't boot off raid10, and if you put your swap on it many recovery CDs won't use it. But for general use and swap on a normally booted system it is quite fast.

Hmm, why would you put swap on a raid10? I would in a production
environment always put it on separate swap partitions, possibly a number,
given that a number of drives are available.

Because you want some redundancy for the swap as well. A swap partition/file becoming inaccessible is equivalent to yanking out a stick of memory out of your motherboard.

I can't say it better. Losing a swap area will make the system fail in one way or the other, in my systems typicalls expressed as a crash of varying severity. I use raid10 because it is the fastest reliable level I've found.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still

-