Re: In this partition scheme, grub does not find md information?

Hmm, why would you put swap on a raid10? I would in a production
environment always put it on separate swap partitions, possibly a number,
given that a number of drives are available.

I put swap onto non-RAID, separate partitions on all 4 disks.

In a production server, however, I'd use swap on RAID in order to prevent server downtime if a disk fails -- a suddenly bad swap can easily (will absolutely?) cause the server to crash (even though you can boot the server up again afterwards on the surviving swap partitions).

--
Moshe Yudkowsky * moshe@xxxxxxxxx * www.pobox.com/~moshe
 "She will have fun who knows when to work