RE: First RAID Setup

Another question related to my first post in the
thread.

I'm currently locally rsync'ing the data I pulled off
my damaged disk to the RAID-5 array from one ssh
session. However, I notice a pause if I 'ls' on
another session while a large file is being rsync'ed
(until it is finished).

Is this normal? Does the fact that the Asus P5GL-MX
has 4 SATA ports, but they are marked "master/slave"
have anything to do with these pauses? I thought

I would think that I have plenty of horsepower (P4
3.0G), memory and I/O bandwidth to avoid this...

I am using Slack 10.2, kernel 2.6.14.4 with AHCI
enabled and SATA in native mode on the three disks.

Andargor

=== message truncated ===