RE: First RAID Setup

Yet another thing, someone has suggested that I should
increase the chunk size for my RAID5 from 32 to either
64 or 128.

Is it worth it, considering that the system doesn't
normally run on a heavy load? Mail for a few users,
some read-only database applications, website, etc.
Mostly a development machine.

Would this alleviate the "pauses" during large file
transfers/copies that I have indicated in my previous
post?

I'm asking because backing up ~176 GB, reconfiguring
the RAID, and restoring it properly so the machine
boots (the RAID5 is /) is quite a PITA.

Andargor

=== message truncated ===