Re: HP Netserver LD Pro

Hmm.. I didn't get any responses on this, but I've made some progress,
so I figured I'd respond to myself in case anyone else makes the same
foolish mistakes I did.

Anyway, it turns out that the Raid controller in my Netserver was
actually a Mylex DAC960pl.  So, I visited mylex.com, downloaded the
firmware and updated it to 2.73.  The HPDA configuration utility I
downloaded from HP earlier seemed to be able to build a successfull
logical drive, so I didn't try to do that again (but I apparently can
using a utility from mylex).

Anyway, I found a website at  http://www.dandelion.com/Linux/DAC960.html
which seems to have the answers.  Although the RedHat install has some
sort of driver for Mylex DAC960s, I couldn't get it to load.  So, I'm
going to try to recompile the kernel and see where that gets me.

Thanks,

Shane

--
Shane Hickey