Re: RAID-1, identical disks recognised differently

Hi Mikael,

Glad you got some feedback, yes the 80 gig Maxtors are unreliable. Out
of fourty disks I've had 12 RMAs so far. It does seem that some have
different usable capacities. If I force the geometry of a "smaller" one
to the geometry of a more normal looking variety I start getting
unrecoverable errors during a RAID-1 or 5 resync towards the end of the
partition. I'm curious, though I don't have any data, if one of the
variants is less reliable than the others. At any rate it's good that
you're using a mirror, happy RAIDing!

-Kanoa

-