RE: RAID-1, identical disks recognised differently

Hi Ross,
> When reconfiguring the kernel, there was a new option
> 'Auto-Geometry Resizing
> support'.  From the description of the option, sounds like it
> lets you change geometry on the fly.  No docs in the help though.
> Anyone know the skinny here?

Yes, I can tell you what it's for:
If you've got a motherboard with a bios that doesn't support disks >
32GB (or 8GB), you can use software to tell the drive to report a
capacity of only 32 (or 8)GB. I've had to do this for an old board to
get it to start at all if an IBM 80GB disk is connected;

This new kernel option gets the full size from the disk and allows you
to access the whole disk instead of just the first 32Gb.

Bye, Martin
-