Re: RAID-1, identical disks recognised differently

hi ya mikael

yeah... i have not found an explaination for why its different

lots of identical drives gets different number of chs  for
hda vs hdb  on different motherboards  but is usally identical between hda
and hdc and same between hdb and hdd

so if you have a 2-drive raid1 .. just use hda and hdc as the
preferred configuration ..

- be sure too that both ide cables are ata-100 ( 80-conductor )
  dont mix and match cables

and if (linux's) fdisk complains about overlapping cylinders etc...
its a bad (usuable?) partitions/combinations  .. things will
disappear
	- you can force chs in lilo too but... i rather not
	tell it anything ... i prefer the hardware to figure
	it out for itself

have fun raiding
alvin
http://www.1U-Raid5.net ... collecting raid stuff ..