Re: Error running from procmail

On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 12:25:40AM -0800, Sean Greenslade wrote:

> A few other things that jump to mind:
>
> CentOS has selinux enabled by default. Perhaps check for any selinux
> denials, since the context will likely be different between a user shell
> and the procmail process.
I run the machines with Selinux disabled.

> Does procmail either run in a chroot or run subprocesses in one? If so,
> you'll need to make sure that the pulse socket path is accessible. It's
> typically in /run/user/<PID>/pulse/native.
The socket is in /run/user/MYuid/pulse, the permissions are such that
only MYuid has access to that directory and lower.
I tried to find out where that directory was made but I couldn't find any
clue. I have been looking in all tmpfiles.d directories, no luck.
Changeing the permissions by hand was nsuccessful, the next call to
pulseaudio immediately reversed that action.
Any suggestions?

--
	Adri P. van Bloois

       "The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else
   will save it."
		Robert Swan.