How to control the right and left channel for a specific application using CLI ?

Hello again,

I want to know if there is a way, still in command line, to control the right and left volumes of an application. With Pulseaudio Volume Control, you can click on the lock icon related to a launched application, and two sliders appear to do so.
Is it possible in CLI ?

My goal is to run two applications on the same card, but to assign right channel for one and left for the other.

Possible complication : the output of my application is in mono and with Pulseaudio Volume Control I don't get the two sliders if I click on the lock icon.

Thank you.

°1ivier