How to choose the sound card for an application using CLI ?

Hello,

I want to run applications with specifics sound cards in command line on Ubuntu 20.04. I know it is graphically possible with Pulseaudio Volume Control which let me choose the card in a menu after the application is launched. But I want to use command lines so that I can automatize the process in a bash file (I've got ten sound cards and more to come).

I've tried "pactl set-default-sink" but it changes the card for all the applications. I've looked in "man pulse-cli-syntax" but I didn't find what I'm looking for.

I've also tried to use environment variables such as ALSA_CARD= and ALSA_PCM_CARD= without success.

Is there a way to do what I want ?

Thank you.

°1ivier