Re: System-wide PulseAudio instance with realtime priority as non-root from systemd

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 7:44 AM Jürgen Herrmann <t-5@xxxxxx> wrote:
> What happens if you start the pulseaudio daemon in the console? Do you get rt scheduling then? I would check that first to see if pulsesudio is configured correctly. If that works you're probably better off asking the question in the systemd list then...

Good point.  I am starting it from the CLI, running as root.  And
still I don't get realtime scheduling policy.

# /usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no --disallow-module-loading
--disallow-exit=yes --disable-shm=no --verbose --realtime=yes

And in another terminal:

# chrt -p `pgrep pulseaudio`
pid 3920's current scheduling policy: SCHED_OTHER
pid 3920's current scheduling priority: 0

With the following in my /etc/pulse/daemon.conf:

allow-module-loading = no
daemonize = no
avoid-resampling = yes
enable-shm = yes
allow-exit = no
realtime-scheduling = yes
realtime-priority = 10
resample-method = soxr-mq
flat-volumes = no

I commented out everything in daemon.conf, and re-ran using the same
CLI as above (just to eliminate a variable).  Still not getting a
realtime scheduling policy.

Thanks,
Matt