Does pulseaudio require alsa/oss

'Twas brillig, and David K?gedal at 23/04/10 09:25 did gyre and gimble:
> David K?gedal <davidk at lysator.liu.se> writes:
>
>> Of course we have to moan, otherwise will never document anything they
>> do. And asking people who know absolutely nothing about something quite
>> complex and obscure to write the documentation soves precisely nothing.
>
> Or, put another way: Complaining about missing or poor documentation is
> a bug report just like copmlaining about missing or broken
> functionality. Just like any bug report, it can be fixed by someone who
> knows how it works, or by someone who doesnt (with much greater effort).

Well bug reports requesting such docs are fine, but posting comment to
an unrelated list (albeit related in the sense that it is used by PA,
but still not the core place of discussion for this particular package)
complaining about it does not constitute a valid bug report in my book.

And sometimes people writing up things from a novice perspective (aided
and edited perhaps by those more knowledgeable) are fine ways to get
started and help out the FOSS community IMO.

We all have to let off steam sometimes tho', so I don't want to make a
huge deal about it. I'm guilty of the same on occasion too! (I believe
being hypocritical is what separates us from the animals!)

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie