Re: hp-wmi: info hotkey has no keycode or scancode

Hi,

On 1/25/24 21:53, Armin Wolf wrote:
> Am 23.01.24 um 20:58 schrieb Armin Wolf:
>
>> Am 23.01.24 um 16:34 schrieb Hans de Goede:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Interesting.
>>>
>>> There have been several attempts to add support for this
>>> in the past. The last one being:
>>>
>>> https://lore.kernel.org/platform-driver-x86/20220922182424.934340-1-lkml@xxxxxxxxx/
>>>

>>> Note that in this case this also required some vender
>>> specific poking in toshiba_acpi to get things to work.
>>>
>>> I see that the HP Compaq 8710p is about the same vintage
>>> as the Toshiba Z830 on which the last attempt to do
>>> something about the quick start buttons was done.
>>>
>>> So this might very well explain the missing button issue.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Hans
>>>
>> I can try to upstream the necessary changes. But i cannot test the
>> changes concerning the toshiba_acpi driver.
>> Would it be ok if i omit those changes?
>>
>> Dennis, can you check that your device runs the latest BIOS? And if
>> this is not the case, could you do a BIOS
>> update and send me an updated acpidump?
>>
>> The reason for this is that currently, the button device receives only
>> system wake events, but no button press
>> events during runtime. Maybe this is a BIOS bug, although this could
>> also be intentional (fancy power button).
>>
>> Armin Wolf
>>
> Hi,
>
> while modifying the quickstart button driver to use the standard pm wake infrastructure, i have run into a
> little problem: how to properly hook up the platform device with the ACPI device wakeup infrastructure?
>
> Is this possible when using a platform driver, or do i need to use a ACPI driver?

I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for but I think the powerbutton
handling in: drivers/platform/x86/intel/hid.c (search for wakeup) may help ?

If that does not help can you point me to the lines of code in the old version
of the code which you are trying to adjust ?

Regards,

Hans