Re: Firmware upgrade broke SW_TABLET_MODE on HP Dragonfly G2

On Thu, 27 Apr 2023 at 22:26, Lopez, Jorge A (Security)
<jorge.lopez2@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Maxim,

Thanks for the explanation of the renaming process!

There seems to be a miscommunication between me and the firmware team,
though. Sure, if they are planning a rename, and if the next version
will be released under a new name, I'll test it. In the meanwhile,
they are releasing updates under the old name, the last two have a
regression, and the versions on LVFS under the old name match the
firmware upgrade packages for Windows (which makes me think there is
only one firmware branch, and renaming is not a complete replacement
with a whole different firmware — please correct me if I'm wrong):

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elite-dragonfly-g2-notebook-pc/34514046

I'm running the firmware which is officially released (under the old
name), marked as stable, and even had an upgrade to 01.12.00 after I
reported the bug on 01.11.00. Why do they say I need to wait for the
rename to happen first? Or do they mean that the next version fixes my
bug, and it will be released under the new name?

I'm just concerned that due to some miscommunication the firmware team
doesn't treat me seriously, because they think I'm running some
unofficial firmware, while I'm running the only available at the
moment official and stable firmware, whose versions also match Windows
upgrade packages. I'm afraid to waste time, which might make fixing
the bug harder, and also might make testing impossible, if a new
firmware version won't allow downgrade to 01.09.01.

Could you communicate that for me please? If they fixed the bug, and I
only need to wait for a new release, which will be under a new name,
I'll wait patiently. If they didn't even treat my request seriously
because they thought I'm on some beta or unofficial firmware, I'd like
to make things clear.

Thanks,
Max